Saturday, September 15, 2007

Attempting to be a Modern Blogger...

When you really have no idea how to do it! I occasionally read blogs and the bloggers always seem so witty and insightful. However, I don't think that I have the brain space or time for wit and wisdom. Case in point: As I sit here writing this blog, Ainsley just plucked an entire grape from the bunch I was eating. I see her chomping away and freak out, "What are you eating??" Kevin chimes in, "Oh yeah, she picked that up, I thought you saw it." WHAT?? No, I didn't, I was trying really hard to be witty and wise!

To save my children from dying while I impart my humor, I'll use the blog to keep you family and friends updated on our life and to share pictures and movies of our rapidly-growing girls. If all is calm on the homefront, you may even receive an occasional treat of my thoughts about the world. (I know, you can't wait, right?)

Here are some pictures of the girls:


Reiley has really developed a love for anything crafty. We made this bird feeder and Reiley spent about 30 minutes painting it (using this VERY serious face). What I failed to remember is that bird feeder painted with washable paint = no paint on the bird feeder after it rains. Fortunately, there was no turmoil because of the paintless bird feeder.


While Kevin was digging up weeds, he found a worm and Reiley wanted to hold it. Keep in mind this is the kid that one year ago would not touch any bugs. She spent 20 minutes keeping it as her friend, showing it the swingset (including going down the slide and steering the wheel).

Letting Ainsley touch it. Although Reiley had serious fears that Ainsley might eat it or squish him.
I'm trying to be artsy with the camera (it doesn't happen often).



Ainsley going down the slide on her tummy. Reiley is such a timid slide-goer (probably because I was a nervous first-time mom) that Kevin and I are determined to make Ainsley a slide enthusiast.


I'm tired tonight from all of this blog learning. I'll post some movies tomorrow!

No comments: