Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wedding Fun

A few weekends ago, Kevin's sister Kathy (beloved Aunt Kathy to the girls) got married to her (also much-loved) fiance Tim. It was a beautiful night wedding at the City Museum in St. Louis, and the whole family was in the wedding. We tried to get the girls to take extra-great naps because the wedding started after they are both usually asleep. We were moderately successful, and the girls made it down the aisle and back down without any "up past my bedtime" meltdowns. Whew! Though some of Reiley's comments during the ceremony were pretty funny ("I am so tired, where is my bed!", "Mom, I'm getting a little tired of being here"). Fortunately, seeing Aunt Kathy in the "most beautiful dress I have ever seen in my life", and fawning over Tim's 11-year-old cousin Slavic kept Reiley entertained. Ainsley was a happy camper since I was holding her and she could have non-stop hold of my hair.

The day before the wedding, Reiley and I attended a fancy bridesmaid luncheon together which was a lot of fun, because we don't have a lot of outings with just the two of us. Here's a picture of Reiley and Aunt Kathy toasting the upcoming nuptials (with yummy strawberry lemonade).
Reiley thought it was fun that "all the girls get to put our dresses on together."
Here's Ainsley and her BFF "Girl-Girl" lounging around before the wedding starts (and secretly hoping this chair was her crib!)
Kevin and I enjoyed having some kid-free time at the wedding while GrandMar and Grandpa (Jen's parents) stayed with the girls at home.
Congratulations to Kathy and Tim, and if you want to check out some of their awesome wedding photos, go to Benton Park Photography.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I'll have to talk to you more about this wedding. I remember seeing a wedding party at the City Museum during one of our visits, and I thought what a cool place to get married! The pictures are great!

Kathy said...

Oh man, when did Ainsley get so big?? Her legs look so long here, like a grown up girl!