Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Conception Overanalyzed

A few mornings ago, while I was having prolonged bed-lying time due to Ainsley's new routine of 5 am wake-ups, Reiley hit me with this: "Mom, if you think a lot about having a baby someday, will your body just make a baby inside ofyou, even when you are still a kid?" Stifling laughter, I said, "No, Reiley, you can't make a baby all by yourself." She gave a sigh of relief and said "Good, because I am still a kid, so I don' t have a job yet. I also still live with you guys, I'm not married yet, and I don't know a lot of things to be able to take care of a baby right now." Whew! I don't have to worry about having a pregnant 4-year-old. I hope this same calm, level-headed, critical thinking is still there when she's 17.

1 comment:

Krista said...

That little girl has some deep thoughts!