Thursday, April 2, 2009

5 months old!

Sawyer turned 5 months old this week and is still a happy, smiling baby with some new skills. The one Mommy is most excited about is that after a month of VERY hard work, he's able to put himself to sleep at naps and at night without being upset! I understand if anyone wants to punch me in the face, because that's how I felt with my first two kids whenever anyone talked about how well their baby was sleeping. More accurately, I wanted to punch them in the face, and then kick them off of a cliff. However, with my logged years of lost sleep with the other two, I feel like I can legitimately brag. (Obviously, now that I've uttered the words, my luck will change!)

He's still pretty content to mildly push up during tummy time, but he has rolled over a handful of times. Though he is in no way trying to use it as a means of locomotion. He's also found his toes and loves to play with them during diaper changes. He's doing lots of cooing and screaming and laughing, particularly at goofy games the girls think up for him. I think we're just a few weeks away from solo sitting, which is sure to bring more fun to the sibling dynamic. It seems like the past month has been so tiring working on his sleep, and now that he is sleeping more, I have much more energy and am really enjoying his pudgy, funny, giggly baby self.


Here's some game playing with coos and goos:



No comments: